- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 1 sweet potato, grated
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- juice of 1 lime
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 cucumber diced
- Place the grated zucchini in a sieve and press down firmly to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a sheet of paper towel and give it another squeeze.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, grated sweet potato, onion, fresh coriander and eggs. Mix well. Add almond meal, ground coriander, cumin and seasoning. Scoop heaped tablespoons of the mixture and use your hands to form them into 8 medium sized fritters.
- Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Place fritters in a pan, squashing them down slightly with the back of a spatula. cook the fritters on each side for 3 mins or until golden brown. rest them on paper towel
- DRESSING: combine yogurt, lime juice, zest and cucumber in a small bowl and season to taste. Serve fritters with a dollop of lime dressing.
TIP: keep the skin on the sweet potato – just wash well.
Detox Rainbow Salad with almond butter dressing
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 granny smith apple, grated
- 80g rocket, washed and dried
- 40g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 red capsicum, roughly diced
- 120 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 3 tblsps pumpkin seeds
- 3 tblsps sunflower seeds
- 3 tblsps almonds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup of coriander leaves, chopped
- chili flakes to taste
- 2 tabsps almond butter
- juice 1 lemon
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- salt and peper to taste
- Combine carrot, apple, rocket, spinach, capsicum, tomatoes, avo, goji berries, seeds, nuts,coriander and chili flakes in a large bowl and mix well
- DRESSING: place almond butter, lemon juice and olive oil in a small jar. season, replace the lid and shake well to combine (its a thick dressing, if you like runnier add more juice, and olive oil).
- you can either toss the dressing through the salad or drizzle over the top . Super nutritious and talk about tasty
TIP: Goji berries can be replaced with dried cranberries, sultanas or raisins. If you can’t find almond butter use tahini.
These recipes are from the Australian magazine New Idea and from the 20/20 Diet Cookbook by Lola Berry.
Check her website out here – fantastic healthy recipes and inspiration. http://lolaberry.com
Coconut Banana Bread (Paleo)
Maple Glazed Salmon
Coconut Green Power Smoothie (my own creation)
1 cup of coconut water
handful of kale leaves
1 mudjool date
cup of ice
handful of blueberries
100ml of coconut milk
2 scoops of vegetable based protein powder (vital protein, lean 95 etc)
Blend, our and top with desiccated coconut – enjoy…